5th largest northern European port complex (Ports of Paris, Rouen and Le Havre), 1st French port for containers and 1st French reefer port, HAROPA will attend the Fruit Logistica trade show - stand A02, Hall 22 – to present its new infrastructures and its growing logistics reefer expertise.
HAROPA combines the complementary facilities and expertise of its three ports, thus constituting the leading port complex for France’s external trade. With maritime traffic of 95 Mt and 3 million TEU containers (2018), HAROPA is the leading maritime and river port in France and the 5th largest container port in North Europe.
In 2019, HAROPA confirmed the progress of container reefer traffic: +3% to 248 000 TEU (vs 2018).
HAROPA, #1 reefer port in France, the largest place specialized in reefer traffic with:
- A reefer logistics area:
- 550,000 sq. m. of warehousing capacity
- 19 ha of land reserves
- Specific process for reefer containers in terminals:
- 50 specialized freight forwarders
- 3,500 reefer plugs on terminal remotely controlled 24h/24 (more than 500 reefer plugs compared to 2018)
- 100 road hauliers specialized in cold logistics and specific reefer solutions dedicated to combined transport
- The major logistics companies
- Laboratories: micro-biological and physical chemistry analyses;
- Expert service providers for refrigerated services;
- EU Phytosanitary Border Inspection Post, Customs and Fraud control Department localized together all in one place;
- A simplified customs clearance procedure for products subject to veterinary inspection.
HAROPA, #1 reefer port in France, the natural port of Rungis (the world’s biggest fresh produce market) with:
- One of the best maritime offers in Europe dedicated to reefer products - 1st port of call for import on the North European range;
- Located at the entrance to the North-Western Europe’s sea board;
- HAROPA serves the largest French market (Paris area) that is 25 million consumers within a radius of 200 km.
Moreover, among the development investments programme of € 600 million of the HAROPA – Port of Le Havre is included a Logistics Plan with the project of a dedicated Cold Park: 12 ha of land reserves and 30,000 sq. m. of warehousing capacity. Salon Fruit Logistica à Berlin