The finest maritime transport
HAROPA’s shortsea services fulfil two functions:
- to promote intra-European trade through alternatives to road mode: via dedicated short sea shipping services and the marketing of shortsea shipping transport segments by inter-ocean service operators;
- to offer an extension to inter-oceanic lines by transhipment to one of the feeder services provided by shipping companies specializing exclusively in this type of relay transport.
From HAROPA, distribution across Europe by sea is divided into 3 types of traffic:
- feedering, to all French and European ports,
- car ferry connections to Great Britain,
- RORO and LOLO traffic: to England, Ireland, Spain, Turkey and Greece.