HAROPA-Port du Havre is taking action:
- by ensuring coherent management of its territory while respecting the natural heritage
- by integrating the environment into each development project from the outset
Ensure coherent management of its territory while respecting the natural heritage
HAROPA-Port du Havre has established a regularly reviewed Port and Nature Development Scheme (PNDS) which makes it possible to:
- specify and cross-reference development and environmental issues,
- have a forward-looking vision of territorial management,
- define the principles of environmental reduction and compensation measures when impacts cannot be avoided,
- develop and share knowledge of the various issues.
The GPMH contributes to the management of the National Natural Reserve of the Seine Estuary.
Apart from the Natural Reserve, the GPMH has dedicated about 250 ha strictly to the protection of the environment.
Integrate the environment into each development project from the outset
- HAROPA-Port du Havre implements the Avoid Reduce Offset approach to limit as much as possible the impacts of its developments on natural environments. Projects are adapted according to environmental issues and make it possible to design "win-win" developments.
- To offset the residual impacts of these developments, HAROPA-Port du Havre is implementing numerous environmental measures defined in partnership with local environmental stakeholders