THE SEINE ESTUARY, AN ECOLOGICALLY RICH ENVIRONMENT
The Seine estuary is a vast complex of natural environments and habitats of great ecological richness that are home to a large number of protected species.
To reflect this ecological reality, various protective measures are in place, the main ones being:
- Natura 2000 and its Special Protection Area for Birds,
- The Natural Reserve of the Seine Estuary, one of the largest reserves in France,
- The Boucles de la Seine Normande Regional Natural Park.
PORT AND INDUSTRIAL ACTIVITY OF INTERNATIONAL RANK
The fifth largest port in Europe, Le Havre is both a generalist port with around 6,000 ships per year, the leading French container port with 2.5 million units in 2018 (or 59% of French container traffic), an oil port, a reference port for ro-ro traffic and a reception site for ships.
While ensuring the integration of sustainable development issues, HAROPA-Port du Havre, as a Port Authority, has the following mission:receive ships,
- facilitate the passage of goods through the port,
- define and implement marketing and sales strategies,
- and welcome and support companies onto its domain.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact:
HAROPA-Port du Havre
C/o Grand Port Maritime Havre
Terre-plein de la barre
CS 81413 - Access N°3878
76067 LE HAVRE CEDEX
Tel: 02.32.74.70.87 - Fax: 02.32.74.70.49