A BIODIVERSITY ACTION PLAN
The Seine estuary represents an exceptionally rich ecosystem with:
- more than 700 plant taxa
- more than 300 bird species observed
- no less than 9 species of amphibians
HAROPA - Port du Havre is responsible for the management and preservation of natural areas on its territory. The establishment is implementing a Biodiversity Action Plan, a real strategy for managing and developing undeveloped areas.
Five main lines of action:
- taking biodiversity into account in maintenance or development practices
- conservation and restoration of biodiversity
- raising awareness among stakeholders and occupants
- monitoring and participation in the preservation of the Seine estuary
- sharing of knowledge acquired on the territory
These five lines of action give rise to a panoply of 27 activities involving HAROPA - Port du Havre, about a quarter of whose territory is exclusively devoted to the environment.