Jump to navigation
Key facts and figures
HAROPA - Port of Le Havre, leading marketplace for foreign trade and shipping in France
- Le Havre, leading container port in France.
- As a major port in Western Europe with direct connections to the largest consumer market in France and the centre of Europe, HAROPA - Port of Le Havre is an extraordinary window onto the world.
- More than 6,000 port calls each year or the arrival and departure of some thirty seagoing vessels every day
- Nearly 40% are container ships,
- 35% are bulk carriers,
- 10% are ferries,
- and 10% are Ro-Ro ships
- Recognized advantages for shipping: berthing in all tidal conditions, 24h/7, berths for ships of all sizes and all types of draught.
- Shipping connections to every continent and more than 500 ports worldwide.
- 1,000 companies involved in shipping, port and industrial activities.
- 32,000 jobs directly related to port activities, 16,500 jobs in the port, and as many jobs in industry
- Effective environmental action.
Summary review and analysis for 2015
- Leading container port for French foreign trade
- Leading port worldwide for wine and spirits
- Leading French port for the import and export of new vehicles
- 2nd largest supply port for crude oil for the French domestic market
- 5th largest port in northern Europe
- ISO 28000 "security" certified