THE ASSIGNMENTS OF HAROPA - PORT OF LE HAVRE
They revolve around four main processes:
- defining and implementing marketing and commercial strategies,
- providing shipping services,
- facilitating the passage of goods through the port,
- facilitating business within the port precincts.
The development policy for port activities is based on a strategic project. It's main objective is to strengthen the position of Le Havre as a Major port in Western Europe and participate in the development of HAROPA and the three ports on the Seine corridor (Paris, Rouen and Le Havre), to make it the leading port complex in France.
THE AMBITIONS OF HAROPA - PORT OF LE HAVRE
To assert the attractiveness of the port of Le Havre as one of the top 4 ports in Western Europe and increase local employment and wealth in a spirit of sustainable development, our main strategic thrusts are:
- Develop port activities (containers, vehicles, and bulk goods, including chemicals and passengers)
- Develop container traffic, a key sector for the port of Le Havre to reach 5 million TEU in 2020,
- Become the main port of import / export for France for ro-ro traffic by 2015 with 500,000 new vehicles
- Ensure the development of bulk liquids, chemicals in particular,
- Improve the reception of passengers,
- Make Le Havre a benchmark for ship-owners for shipping services,
- Facilitate the passage of goods in the port area and in conjunction with the hinterland promote consolidated transport to develop shipping,
- Attract and retain supply chains,
- Invest to support traffic and serve our customers even better,
- Promote and strengthen the development potential of our region,
- Reduce the impact of our activities on the environment,
- Commit to continuous improvement in quality,
- Finalize the implementation of the goods handling reform.
- Play a leading role on the Seine corridor and the three ports in HAROPA: Paris, Rouen and Le Havre.